Arizona Health and Physical Education President, Heather Chewning and Awards Chair, Courtney Teatro would like to announce that the Nomination Process for 2019 Honor and Recognition Awards, including Teacher of the Year Awards is now open. The 2019 Honor and Recognition Night will be held at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix on Wednesday, November 20th.
Educators who meet the eligibility requirements and exemplify the criteria for these awards may apply or be nominated by a colleague. A “teacher” is an individual whose primary teaching responsibility is in Health, Physical Education, Dance or Administration.
Additional requirements include:
- Current membership in Arizona Health and Physical Education
- Holds a current certification as a teacher.
- Full-time teaching contract, current at the time of nomination and selection at the highest level;
- Minimum of 60% of total teaching responsibility in their teaching field/grade level.
- Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Teacher of the Year
- High School Teacher of the Year
- Health Education Teacher of the Year
- Dance Education Teacher of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Administrator of the Year Award
- Founders Award
- Innovative Teacher Award