The purpose of the Dance Teacher of the Year Award is to publicly recognize a member who has made valuable contributions in the area of Dance. To be considered for this award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Current membership in Arizona Health and Physical Education
- Holds a current certification as a teacher.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience in their field.
- Full-time teaching contract, current at the time of nomination and selection at the highest level;
- Minimum of 60% of total teaching responsibility in their teaching field/grade level.
Can be submitted to SHAPE America for National Award
Scoring by Rubrics