Educators who meet the eligibility requirements and exemplify the criteria for these awards may apply or be nominated by a colleague. A “teacher” is an individual whose primary teaching responsibility is in Health, Physical Education, Dance or Administration.
Additional requirements include:
- Current membership in Arizona Health and Physical Education
- Holds a current certification as a teacher.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience in their field.
- Full-time teaching contract, current at the time of nomination and selection at the highest level;
- Minimum of 60% of total teaching responsibility in their teaching field/grade level.
Can be submitted to SHAPE America for National Award
Scoring by Rubrics