2023 Honor and Recognition Awards
Educators who meet the eligibility requirements and exemplify the criteria for these awards may apply or be nominated by a colleague. A "teacher" is an individual whose primary teaching responsibility is in Health, Physical Education or Administration.
Additional requirements include:
- Current membership in Arizona Health and Physical Education
- Holds a current certification as a teacher.
- Full-time teaching contract, current at the time of nomination and selection at the highest level;
- Minimum of 60% of total teaching responsibility in their teaching field/grade level.
- Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Teacher of the Year
- High School Teacher of the Year
- Health Education Teacher of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Lee Burkett Honor Award
- Administrator of the Year Award
- Founders Award
- Innovative Teacher Award
- Future Professionals Award