Subject: URGENT/DEADLINE: Please invest 5 minutes NOW for recess bill approval by the legislature!! — just a simple copy/paste!
Our K-5 recess bill SB1083 would restore a 2nd daily recess, at no cost to schools, with maximum local implementation flexibility–while protecting PE. The bill got out of the Senate 26-3–but the the opposition is misinforming Representatives & trying to gut the bill with amendments. We just need you to send an email to help push the bill over the goal line with AZ House of Representatives approval this coming week. (For more info on SB1083, Join Arizonans for Recess Facebook group–joining also gives us more members–and more clout!)
We worked hard to make it simple & quick for you to help us–in less than 5 minutes. Your email will have a big impact–very few people contact their legislator, so when you do, legislators listen! Our advocacy coalition has been investing thousands of hours pro bono on restoring recess & physical & health education in Arizona. We would MUCH appreciate a few minutes of your time! But we need your help NOW!–the bill is coming up for a vote this week. Simply:
1) Find your Residence city, below, and Copy the Representatives’ email addresses. Then Compose a new email, Pasting the legislators’ email addresses into your email To: line. (If you know for sure, which two Representatives are yours, you can eliminate the other Representatives’ emails; if not, just include them all.)
2) Copy/paste this text as your email Subject:
Subject: Please vote for SB1083 school recess without amendments!
3) Copy/paste the below Text into your email, Inserting your City and Occupation in the [blank]—revise text as appropriate if you wish:
I live in ______ , and work as a ________. We including my friends and family support SB1083, to restore a 2nd recess in public schools that have only a lunch recess. We understand that there are amendments, which would allow the 1-recess schools to avoid the bill’s fair and feasible minimum standard for all K-5 students. We oppose all amendments. The current bill wording provides all the flexibility that schools need to implement a 2nd break in the best way for their school, at no cost. We would like your confirmation that you plan to vote Yes for SB1083 and No on all amendments. Thank you very much.
4) That was quick, right? PLEASE TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, AFTER EMAILING YOUR REPRESENTATIVES, to then forward this email to at least 5 other Arizona-based friends & family–asking them to email their Representatives, too !! The more emails that Representatives receive, the more pressure they feel to do the right thing, and vote for our recess bill!
For your residence city, here are the email addresses of Representatives for your area by county–showing East Valley cities first then Central and West Valley, then other areas. (If you are not sure, just make your best guess and copy/paste those addresses! Or use the District Locator further below.)
Maricopa & Yuma County
West/Southwest Valley (West Phoenix/Goodyear/Buckeye/Tolleson/Avondale/eastern Litchfield Park (LD 19, 29, 30) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Pinal & Pima County
Notes / LD Locator
– Many Legislative Districts (LD) overlap city & county boundaries; please email to all Representatives listed for your city/area.
– Or for the exact match, taking a few more minutes: Input your address at the Legislative District Locator at https://azredistricting.org/districtlocator/ and then find your two Representatives’ names & email addresses for your Legislative District #0-30 at https://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster/?body=H )
Thank you very much for emailing Representatives. It means a lot to us and to the children of Arizona!
Arizona Health and Physical Education Advocacy Team